The Embassy of Switzerland is inviting applications from individuals, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), social enterprises and public bodies for its 2017 fund for the promotion of arts and culture in Tanzania.
The primary focus of this funding stream is to contribute to a more diverse and inclusive arts and cultural sector that provides livelihood opportunities and promotes intercultural dialogue and exchange.
Small grants shall support initiatives that have a shared interest in building a stronger arts and culture scene across the country. Projects will be chosen for their artistic and creative content and their potential for sustainable impact.
- The total budget of the call is USD 80’000. The Embassy of Switzerland is seeking to support 4 to 8 initiatives between US $10’000 and US $20’000.
- Grants shall cover no more than 80% of the total estimated budget.
- Another source of funding (self or co-funding; financial or in kind) has been identified and preferably confirmed, covering at least 20% of the total estimated budget.
- No more than 30 % of the award may be used for administrative and wage costs, as long as these are directly linked to the project.
- Quality and outreach of proposal.
- Projects have a regional or national scope, e.g. tours and roadshows for wider outreach as well as participation of a diverse group of people, including those in rural areas.
- Projects that engage women, youth and underserved communities.
- All projects proposed to be funded have an implementation calendar of a maximum of 12 months
- Organisations, institutions, networks and individuals working in the creative and culture sectors. This includes artists, cultural actors, higher education institutions, local authorities, NGOs and social enterprises.
- Applicant/s must be active in the cultural and creative industries and be able to demonstrate that they have the necessary experience and capacity to manage activities and/or projects for the promotion of arts and culture in Tanzania.
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of Tanzania.
- Proposed projects cover topics with an anti-corruption theme expressed through performing arts (dance, theatre, music), media arts (film, photography) and visual arts (drawing, paintings).
Non Eligible Activities and Projects:
- Travel or study for professional development
- Projects whose main focus is academic and/or academic research
- Procurement of equipment/assets of the organization
How to Apply
Proposals shall be submitted in soft copy by email at the address given on the website.
Eligibility Country: Tanzania
For more information, please visit Fighting Corruption through the Arts.