Deadline: 20 February 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief Child Protection in Maputo, Mozambique.
The Chief Child Protection will liaise with senior officials of government line Ministries, judiciary and other state institutions to provide high level technical and policy advice.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Child Protection will perform the following functions-
- Establish the Section’s annual work plan with the child protection team; set priorities/targets and performance measurement.
- Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
- Supervise team members by providing them with clear objectives and goals, direction and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure emergency preparedness is contained in national programs/projects to ensure the protection and well-being of children in cases of armed conflict and natural disasters and other emergency situations.
- Participate in major monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to engage stakeholders to take required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Monitor programs/projects to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law or other social science field is required.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and/other related areas, at the national and international level, some of which preferably were served in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in child protection and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Relevant experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in Social Protection is an asset.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is an asset.
- Portuguese language skills preferred.
- Working language of the duty station, including government partners and other local partners with which the incumbent will actively engage in is Portuguese.
- Based on experience at the duty station, fluency in Spanish, Italian, French, or other Romance languages facilitate a quicker learning of Portuguese.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.