Deadline: 15 February 2017
Background Developing countries need to transform their economies if they are to eradicate poverty and meet the sustainable development goals. Reliable access to power, productive cities and infrastructure are vital.
The CIG programme’s objectives are to deliver outcomes in DFID focus countries in terms of:
- Creating productive cities,
- Improving access to reliable and affordable power, and
- Increased investment into infrastructure services. It will do this principally by providing politically-engaged technical assistance (TA) to governments, municipal authorities and public agencies to:
- address constraints to private and public infrastructure investment;
- build capabilities for sector management; and
- support competitive cities through economic planning, smart industrial policy, urban planning and the development of municipal finance.
It is proposed that CIG will comprise the following components:
- A portfolio of country TA programmes
- Innovation and Investment Fund (I2F)
- Results, Management and Learning (RML)
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply using DFID supplier portal.
Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Burundi, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Sao Tome and Principe, the Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan or Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit DFID-CIG.