Deadline: 16 March 2017
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNON supports programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director will perform the following functions-
- Direct and manage a major programme(s) of the UNON.
- Provide leadership to the development of innovative and/or change management programmes.
- Oversee the management of activities undertaken by the Division, ensuring that programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion and co-ordinates work in the different areas both within the Division and Services, and with other organizations of the United Nations System, donors and agencies as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the preparation of reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies such as the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budget Questions, Committee for Programme Coordination, Economic and Social Council, the General Assembly and other policy-making organs, as appropriate.
- Report to intergovernmental bodies on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/substantive issues, as appropriate, particularly those presented in biannual and/or annual reports.
- Oversee the recruitment of staff for Division taking due account geographical and gender balance and other institutional values.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the senior management of the Organization.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law or related area.
- A first-level university degree in earlier mentioned fields, in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Over 15 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration, financial management, budget or related areas is required.
- 5 years of work experience in senior management level in one or more organizations of the United Nations system or in similar international/multicultural/intergovernmental Organizations is required.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNON.