Deadline: 15 February 2017
Malaria Consortium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Internal Auditor in Kampala, Uganda.
The Project Internal Auditor will be responsible for checking compliance to USAID rules and regulation as well internal audit processes and procedures as well as and ensuring risks related to the project are adequately identified and managed.
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations specializing in the prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable populations.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Internal Auditor will perform the following functions-
- Work with the organisations internal auditor to review the existing Internal Audit Charter in line with the USAID rules and regulations.
- Develop risk–based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities in conjunction with the Internal Audit Manager.
- Design internal audit procedures and work programs in line with the organization-wide Internal Audit processes.
- Advise management on the resourcing requirements for the Internal Audit function, including any potential outsourcing arrangements.
- Conduct internal audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures.
- Assist the development of an internal control culture, including training to staff.
- Monitor the trends and developments in the internal audit area.
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by project and the organisation’s senior management.
- Report on internal control issues and the implementation of the internal audit plan to the Country Finance Manager with copy to the organisation’s Internal Auditor.
- Support the external audit process.
Applicants must have-
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant or equivalent Auditing/Accountancy qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, with at least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Knowledge of the NGO sector.
- Experience of working in an international context.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulation the financial/Technical reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of risk based internal auditing.
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proven ability to work independently and prioritize and manage your workload to complete audits and deliver timely reports.
- Fluency English with effective communication and listening skills.
- Ability to prepare and deliver concise oral and written reports.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Malaria Consortium.