Deadline: 16 February 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Assistant in Lilongwe, Malawi.
The Team Assistant will provide administrative and operational support, Country Manager under the supervision of the Executive Assistant.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide administrative support to the office and on operational projects, ensure effective follow through on actions with government and with Task Team Leaders (TTLs).
- Draft standard letters, memos, faxes etc conforming to the organizational regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the unit’s work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, procurement, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc.
- Perform analytical tasks as may be requested by TTLs from time to time.
- Provide assistance in formatting and editing large documents.
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application.
- Collect and input data provided by TTLs into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
- Tracking and reporting on appropriate aspects of the team’s operational activities.
- Maintain up-to-date work unit project and other files.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff and Team/Program Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of college diploma in Secretarial Studies or Office Management.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a large international or service or Private Sector Organization.
- Proficiency in using advance functions of standard computer applications and adaptability to use state-of-the-art software.
- Knowledge of and ability to executive business processes involving diverse and work procedures related to the processing and production of assigned outputs in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written) and effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information.
- Ability to adapt to changing business need by continuous learning/training.
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural/disciplinary environment and able to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Fluency in English.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.