Deadline: 15 February 2017
LEAP-AGRI is an African Union – European Union partnership between 30 partners, that have set up a grant call aimed at research and innovation for food and nutrition security and sustainable agriculture.
The partnership is an ERANET co-fund financed by institutes and ministries from these countries with additional finances from the European Commission in support of the EU-Africa High Level Policy Dialogue on science, technology and innovation and the implementation of the jointly funded EU-Africa Research and Innovation Partnership.
This EU-AU partnership builds upon long term collaborations between Europe and Africa. For LEAP-Agri this is exemplified by the support of the ERAfrica Initiative and IntensAfrica for this co-fund.
- Sustainable agricultural production intensification, in relation with social, economic and environmental aspects, including aquaculture;
- Population nutrition and health in relation with agriculture and food systems;
- Access to food, expansion and improvement of agricultural markets and trade, including local and territorial dynamics.
The project duration should be 3 years, and depending of their objectives, global project proposal should range from 0,3 up to 1,5 million euros.
- Research teams (and other organizations, depending on individual Funding Agencies’ eligibility criteria) from the above mentioned countries are eligible for funding, unless otherwise specified in national rules of funding agencies which will be published during the official launch of the joint call.
- Research teams from other countries are eligible provided that they fund their own participation.
- This pre-announcement provides sufficient time to research teams to prepare outstanding proposals for submission.
- African Countries: (Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, South Africa, and Uganda)
- European Countries: (Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, and Spain), Turkey
- International Organizations: (CIHEAM-Bari, Italy)
For more information, please visit LEAP-AGRI.