Deadline: 17 February 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in Republic of Cameroon. The duration of this post is 11 months.
The Communication Specialist will be accountable for planning, implementing, monitoring an evaluating and advocacy communication strategy to get children’s and women’s issues into the public domain, strengthen political will in support of UNICEF’s mission and objectives in the country, and enhance the organization’s credibility and brand.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the implementation of the communication strategy and work plan to raise the profile of children/ women’s issue in the Cameroon.
- Write and edit human interest stories and produce/or coordinate the production of materials (text stories, photo essays, video stories, social media inputs) on the situation of children/ women and UNICEF programs
- Coordinate with UNICEF program colleagues, field offices and partners for the collection of visibility/communication materials from the field
- Collaborate with mass media through activities such as site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web – based and traditional media as appropriate
- Produce briefing materials as necessary for official visits, senior management, media, donors, etc.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media or interactive digital media.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Nationality of Cameroon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.