Deadline: 20 February 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Procurement Specialist will provide guidance and expertise on the most suitable systems for supply chain management of health products in Sudan.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manages, oversees, supports and supervises the supply chain management activities and the team directly responsible for supply chain management of the Global Fund grants in Sudan.
- Ensures adequate integration of supply chain management in grant/programme design, implementation and planning in line with the Global Fund requirements and UNDP Policy.
- Promotes the incorporation of Standard Operating Procedures within the Supply Chain and the use of instruments for planning and scheduling processes.
- Establishes control mechanisms and internal audit systems for the supply chain, including inventories and stock management.
- Guarantees the maintenance of documentation about the Supply Chain activities and elaborates reports in order to keep the office representation and the Global Fund Manager fully informed about the status and results of the Supply Chain activities.
- Ensures timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the different GF grants, establishment of the deadlines and monitoring of their implementation.
- Ensures GF procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment and implementation of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement and Supply Chain Management Units, harmonization of the workflows in the office.
- Oversees and supports the implementation of a client-oriented procurement system for GF and non GF commodities.
- Ensures full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP-GF rules, regulations, policies and strategies including elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning.
- Provides Quality assurance and certification for submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Takes the lead in the development of integration of UNDP / GF procurement practices with those of other agencies (including WHO, UNICEF, etc.), and towards strengthening Governmental /Ministry of Health capacity.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacy, Supply Chain management or any development related field.
- Specialized certification in Procurement and Supply Management will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience, which includes at least 4 years international experience in public health procurement and supply management, preferably in developing countries.
- Experience in management of GF grants and PSM is an asset.
- Solid experience in the management of people and systems in high-pressure environments.
- Strong IT skills.
- Experience of UN or UNDP procurement policies and procedures highly desirable.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Arabic an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.