Deadline: 15 March 2017
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
- 50% Support the implementation of the Kuwait SDG 5 programme liaising with and being guided by UNDP Kuwait, including following up on implementation, coordinating with partners, accessing regional networks, creating linkages, providing technical support and drafting progress reports.
- 25% Support to UN Women´s GCC portfolio, including linking this work to the Kuwait programme, exploring new opportunities for engagement, following up with key counterparts, and preparing background documents and briefing notes as needed.
- 15% Develop new proposals, conduct research, partner assessments and identify entry points for GEWE programming, with focus on Kuwait and GCC, including identifying possible regional events to be held in Kuwait.
- 10% Other tasks as assigned, including logistical and advocacy reports to events, if needed.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in development, human rights, gender, or related field.
- In lieu of an advanced university degree, candidates with a completed Bachelor degree with additional relevant professional experience will also be considered.
- At least two years of experience in the gender development field, preferably from the Arab region.
- Strong coordination experience, ideally with UN agencies, familiar with drafting annual workplans, talking points and presentations.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English and Arabic, knowledge of French desirable.
- Kuwaiti nationals only.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.