Deadline: 18 February 2017
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer Gender in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Project Officer Gender will lead / manage the Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (AYSRHR) & Gender Empowerment and Development to Enhance Rights project on a day-to-day basis to contribute to the delivery of the programme at the quality outcome desired, to time and budget specifications.
VSO’s mission is to bring people together to fight poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer Gender will perform the following functions-
- Ensure project outcome delivered to quality required by the programme (with specified risks and benefits), to schedule within set budgets and scope.
- Provide a key co-ordination and implementation role, ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met.
- Establish and manage project procedures – risk and issue management, change control, communications.
- Manage project financial budgets and targets, providing accurate and timely information on expenditure.
- Build effective working relationships with project stakeholders, engaging them at each project stage, ensuring communications have appropriate content and tone.
- Manage information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project.
- Ensure organisational communications about project benefits, progress and outcomes suit audience and are timely.
- Anticipate project risks and issues, communicating them to stakeholders, taking action to resolve.
- Inspire enthusiasm, momentum and commitment for outcomes project will deliver.
- Ensure project activity, outcome progress, issues, risks, exception reports are available to Stakeholders and management teams as appropriate.
- Project Team Management: Establish, lead and motivate the project team, ensuring regular progress review meetings in place and behavioural expectations established. Liaise with external suppliers as necessary.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in socials science/public health.
- Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- 4 years of experience in similar role in NGO sector within the NGO sector.
- Experience of planning and managing projects with multiple stakeholders, delivering expected benefits in challenging contexts to tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audiences to inform, motivate and inspire.
- Experience of matrix management of project team members across a global organisation.
- Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure.
- Experience of successfully monitoring and managing budgets.
- Ability to manage a project in a climate of change, recognising and being open to ambiguity, uncertainty and opportunities.
- Social Science Qualification with post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation/Project Management.
- Experience of managing change in an international environment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit VSO.