Deadline: 17 February 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Economist in Juba, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The National Economist will maintain a network with colleagues from UNDP, UN agencies, International Financial Institutions, Government officials, multilateral and bilateral donors and civil society.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Economist will perform the following functions-
- Track economic data, provide periodic analysis of economic and development issues and write relevant reports aimed at promoting equitable economic growth and human development.
- Provide analysis and substantive inputs to UNDAF, CPD and other strategic documents.
- Provide economic inputs to all relevant UNDP programmes and projects for aligning UNDP programmes with national policies and priorities.
- Analyze the country’s macro-economic policies and their impact on poverty reduction, growth, equity, etc.
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice through identification of best practices and lessons learned.
- Support to the management of the office in facilitation of policy dialogue on economic issues with the Government, private sector, civil society and donors.
- Provide capacity building support on economic issues to office staff.
- Advocate for the Sustainable Development Goals, Human Development and equitable economic growth by participating in relevant forums, conferences and trainings.
- Support to monitoring progress and formulation of strategies towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Manage events and publications on economic issues.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Economics.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level.
- Experience in research and policy-level analysis.
- Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and advanced programmes for statistical analysis of data.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.