Deadline: 20 February 2017
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is seeking Expression of Interest (EOI) for Cooperation Partners for Agreement of Cooperation “Sustainable Transport for East African Cities Addis Ababa, Ethiopia” with an aim to reduce growth in the use of private motorized vehicles, thus reducing traffic congestion and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the three capital cities of Ethiopia, Uganda, and Kenya.
The strategic response is to upgrade the transit system, introduce Bus Rapid Transits (BRT), implement improved non-motorized transport (NMT) infrastructure and apply travel demand management (TDM) as well as other supporting policies. Substantial GHG reductions can be expected through citywide upgrading of the transit systems.
- UN-Habitat invites Expressions of Interest from Not-for -Profit Organizations or Governmental and Inter-Governmental organisations to undertake the following activities:
- A conceptual overview of a BRT based Public Transport Network in Addis Ababa;
- A NMT Strategy for Addis Ababa;
- Advice on the ongoing design and construction of the B2 BRT corridor (that is financed by AFD);
- In addition to the above, the implementation partner is expected to support training and capacity building of Government staff for planning and executing BRT systems as well as the design of NMT features that are better integrated with public transport. In developing its recommendations the implementation partner is also expected to review and take into consideration the on-going work supported by external agencies such as C40 Cities and the World Bank.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their expressions of interest electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Ethiopia
For more information, please visit UN-Habitat Call for EOIs.