Deadline: 24 February 2017
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Project Officer in Dadaab, Kenya.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Develop training programmes and teaching/learning materials with particular emphasis on participatory methodologies.
- Implement and monitor project activities to ensure that they are consistent with plans, budget lines and expected outputs within NRC’s Project strategy and other standards.
- Ensure timely procurement, delivery and distribution of training tools, equipment and educational materials.
- Liaise with the World Food Program (WFP) in Dadaab and Hagadera on collection of Food for Training (FFT), food monitoring and preparation of regular FFT Reports as required.
- Provide leadership in the recruitment of learners, academic teachers and Instructors for vocational skills training.
- Oversee design of learner assessments/tests, progress tracking, as well as summative evaluations.
- Supervise education project teachers and provide mentorship and on the job training as required to increase the capacity of the team in implementing Education Programme activities.
- Oversee the implementation of the prescribed curriculum in the education centers and ensure quality learning is achieved.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in education is the preferred qualification.
- A social science degree in a related discipline would also be considered.
- Proven training in curriculum development and implementation, and educational administration and training.
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance.
- Experience from working as Education Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile areas.
- At least 3 years experience in supervising Education Programmes in emergency and humanitarian setting.
- Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO/Ministry of Education will be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in Education support Livelihoods programs and youth IGA management’s skills.
- P1 certificate in education is an added advantage.
- Contextual understanding of education programming in Arid and Semi-Arid lands.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.