Deadline: 26 February 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Associate in Bolgatanga, Ghana. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Associate will perform the following functions-
- Assist the program by accomplishing tasks in logistics, vehicle safety, purchase, delivery and receipt of the materials and goods.
- Provide support during the acquisition of materials for purchasing, consult with suppliers, end users for quality, quantity, specifications, delivery timelines, product guarantees/warranties as per the UNOPS guidelines.
- Manage the requisition tracking program, requisitions and through the procurement process until delivery.
- Manage and monitor the Receiving and Inspection Report (RIR).
- Acknowledge receipt of goods delivered and verify that products delivered are complete and conform to technical specifications stipulated in the tender documents.
- Maintain and update the Equipment/Asset Registry, asset allocation and management within the Program area of operations.
- Resolve routine logistics and operation problems, referring complex issues to Logistics Officer or Operations Manager with recommendations for course of action.
- Liaise with Logistics Officer or Operations Manager, and assist in the management of drivers and vehicles.
- In coordination with the Logistics Officer or Operations Manager ensure compliance with UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules & Regulations (FR&R) and other requirements for efficient program implementation and progress for the above.
- Provide Weekly Reports on Equipment/Materials received, Vehicle Maintenance, Fleet Utilization, Fleet Management, etc.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Program Team and/ or Deputy PM or Operations Manager for updates.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of procurement, business administration, management, or related field including supply chain operations is desired.
- Relevant Diploma with 4 years of relevant working experience may also be considered.
- Secondary School certification with 6 years of relevant working experience may as well be considered.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in the field of Logistics, Procurement, Fleet Management or related field including supply chain operations with at least 1 year experience in distribution and/or fleet management role.
- Experience in a humanitarian/early recovery context is an asset and camp management an asset.
- Previous working experience in Africa is an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions, experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Procurement Certificate a bonus.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.