Deadline: 28 February 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HIV/AIDS Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HIV/AIDS Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical assistance to the leadership of the Ministry of Health to leverage and maximise eMTCT, POC and conventional laboratory investments as part of system strengthening of integrated and effective eMTCT and Paediatric HIV programming.
- Provide policy and strategy development support to the Kenyan Ministry of Health NASCOP and NHRL on eMTCT and POC implementation.
- Provide technical support for the dissemination of the national eMTCT strategic framework, POC policy and implementation tools.
- Support County Health Management Teams to strengthen planning, evidence generation and monitoring of results for women and children living with HIV and for HIV diagnostics.
- Provide technical support and leadership within the UNICEF coutnry office and the UN Joint team for a harmonized eMTCT and Paediatric HIV care and treatment response.
- Identify and document best practices in eMTCT and POC implementation for potential scale up.
- Identify opportunities to support shared learning to build awareness of, and knowledge about POC diagnostic technologies, in order to create demand for POC uptake.
- Contribute to development of progress reports and other documentation on HIV diagnostics and Paediatric HIV as well as related communication with the Regional Office and Headquarters.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in medical sciences, together with an advanced university degree at least at Masters level in Public Health, Child health, HIV and AIDS or other relevant.
- At least 7 or 8 years of experience in PMTCT, paediatric and/or adolescent HIV treatment and care services, planning and programming at national and county level.
- Experience with laboratory systems an asset.
- Ability to apply technical expertise, work with people and persuade and influence.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.