Deadline: 28 February 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Financial Management Specialist in Lilongwe, Malawi.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Task Management of ongoing PFM lending and Technical Assistance operations in Malawi and possibly in other countries, if required.
- Understand client’s needs and developmental challenges and identify entry points for public financial management and governance interventions.
- Work with country and Global Practice teams to address PFM and governance issues in the Country Partnership Strategies/Frameworks, lending operations, analytical work and advisory services to clients.
- Actively promote dialogue and close working relationships with the IMF and other development partners, as well as with civil society organizations.
- In coordination with other sectors/GPs, leading the design and execution of major PFM policy initiatives in Malawi, including task management of capacity building projects involving complex funding mechanisms when they arise.
- Leading and/or taking a proactive role in ground-breaking initiatives and playing a key role in developing innovative practical approaches to difficult policy and operational issues at the Regional, and/or Sectoral level.
- Developing and building excellent client relations at senior levels and playing and contributing to generating new business for the Bank.
- Leading the development and implementation of approaches to make greater use of country systems for Bank-assisted operations.
- Promoting and sharing knowledge on public financial management and major new corporate initiatives, instruments, and requirements such as PfR and DPF.
- Provide fiduciary/financial management support for highly complex and/or high-risk projects.
- Provide guidance, support to the FM colleagues in Malawi.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in accounting, business, finance or economics.
- Minimum 8 years of post-qualification experience in public financial management.
- Experience and in-depth familiarity with public sector financial management is necessary.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.