Deadline: 3 March 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Officer in Nouakchott, Mauritania.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
- Collect and analyze data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
- Collect data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
- Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Support management of service providers/vendors, port, fleet and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports or support preparation of complex reports, dashboards and other visual materials on supply chain activities for supervisor’s review to contribute to informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Contribute to preparedness actions and support quick emergency response to deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree plus a university degree in logistics, supply chain management, administration, economics or any equivalent field.
- At least 2 years of practical work experience in logistics, Supply Chain, administration, accounting or any other equivalent field.
- Experience gained from United Nations agencies or NGOs would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of computer tools, standard software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint ).
- WFP sub-office experience in logistics.
- Knowledge of WFP’s, CSA’s and other partner’s stores.
- Perfect knowledge of French (written / spoken).
- Knowledge of English would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.