Deadline: 1 March 2017
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Private Sector Specialist in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Private Sector Specialist will working on developing and implementing knowledge, lending and advisory operations in the country.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Private Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to specific operational activities at all stages of the project cycle for ASA and Lending Operations, including participation in the design and development of specific project components, responsibility for costing, financing and disbursements aspects, drafting of implementation arrangements, co-financing coordination, project supervision, portfolio management activities, ICR preparation, etc.
- Under the guidance of the T&C Lead carry out substantive research and analytical tasks on a wide range of operational, country and sector issues, reviews and interprets information/data, identifies issues and recommends actions/solutions.
- Work with the Program Leaders, the T&C Leads, other T&C team members to support the T&C GP in the Country.
- Support the T&C team in the preparation of briefing material on country program/sector and project issues and follows up on portfolio issues.
- Analyze T&C/ASA and Lending projects at completion, comparing actual financial and economic results with those projected at appraisal; draft reports or PSRs presenting key findings and lessons learned during implementation by both the borrower and the Bank.
- Coordinate and Participate as a member of T&C missions (preparation, appraisal, supervision), conducts independent discussions with client representatives on selected problems and issues identified by task managers, and participates in negotiations.
- Participate in World Bank Group Country Staff meetings and other meetings organized by other GP’s.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, or other field related to development.
- A PhD is an added advantage.
- 5 years of experience conducting economic, social or policy research, synthesizing findings and creating and making presentations.
- Demonstrable experience in Africa; good working knowledge of the political economy of reform in Africa.
- Knowledge in private sector development.
- At least 5 or more years of experience in a relevant Bank sector/discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Proficiency in the English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.