Deadline: 7 March 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing coordination, leadership, and resources coordination to meet the goals of the project.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Provide practical, hands-on coordination and technical support to the EU-MNCHN project ensuring the quality and timeliness of all project components.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of sectoral team members for implementation of the various project components.
- Track project implementation progress and ensure timely completion of the planned activities as per approved EU-MNCHN work plan.
- Liaise with the MNCH manager, steering committee team at Federal, the CFO and field project colleagues and, sectoral Chiefs to coordinate and monitor project implementation.
- Oversee review of project work plans and planning process for the subsequent periods.
- Ensure that project implementation conform to the policies and procedures of UNICEF and the Contribution Agreement signed with the EU.
- Oversee procurement processes related to EU-MNCHN including delivery and distribution of equipment and supplies.
- Provide leadership and direction to the EU-MNCHN personnel for timely and quality project implementation.
- Promote and support effective team working through one-to-one communication and regular team meetings.
- Agree clear performance objectives for all consultants, and ensure all team members have appropriately set objectives, and that performance assessment are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the recruitment and induction of EU-MNCHN project consultants as required.
- Review financial reports and ensure consistency and accuracy of data.
- Prepare high quality presentations and briefing packs in appropriate formats for briefing of partners and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Review draft reports from assigned staff ensuring quality standards are met.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in one of following areas: Management, Public Health, International Development, medicine, social sciences or related field is required.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in an international organization with proven records of coordinating large projects is required.
- Experience in coordinating and supervising teams with a mix of skills.
- General knowledge of health issues, RMNCH and Nutrition, is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with project counterparts from the Government and European Union Delegation.
- Strong communication skills, including writing and public speaking.
- Strong planning, organization and strategic thinking skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.