Deadline: 10 March 2017
Tfanen – Tunisie Creative is seeking proposals for its “Local Cultural Engagement Fund in Tunisia” with an aim to contribute in the long run to the strengthening of civil society, the consolidation of democracy and to the sustainable professionalization of cultural sectors in Tunisia.
Tfanen – Tunisie Creative is a programme supporting the strengthening of the cultural sector, funded by the European Union in partnership with the EUNIC network (European Union National Institutes for Culture) and implemented by the British Council.
Projects should contribute to one or more of the following objectives:
- Promote social and cultural diversity, citizen participation and socio-cultural integration of minorities through access to culture in neighborhoods, rural areas, remote and disadvantaged areas, with special attention to young people and women
- Promote the decentralization of the cultural offer and the promotion of local public facilities through the integration of decentralized cultural public institutions (cultural centers, youth centers, drama centers, etc.) Organizations (including the private sector) and the organization of attractive activities within them
- Bring young people (children, adolescents) closer to culture
- Strengthen the independent cultural sector by fostering cooperation and networking
- Strengthen the places of artistic production and dissemination of civil society
- The total allocation for this first appeal of the local cultural investment fund in Tunisia is approximately 600,000 euros (approximately 1,450 million TND). Tfanen – Tunisie Créative reserves the right not to allocate all the funds available on this call.
- All applications for grants under this call for proposals must be between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- Minimum amount: EUR 20 000 (TND 48200)
- maximum amount: EUR 50 000 (TND 120500)
- Indicative average amount: EUR 25 000 (TND 60 250)
- The applicant must be an association legally established and established in Tunisia at the date of publication of this call for proposals.
- Within the framework of a partnership, the eligible partners (in addition to the applicant) are:
- Civil society organizations
- Public institutions (cultural center, drama center, youth center, etc.)
- Informal groups (such as an association being formed)
- Private sector companies, including media and regional private radio stations (as long as it is shown that no profit is made during the project)
- Individual artists or activists
- The applicant’s partners may be Tunisian or international
- Number of applications and grants per applicant
- The applicant may not submit more than one application under this call for proposals.
- The applicant can be a partner in another application at the same time.
- A partner may participate in more than one application under this call for proposals.
- A partner may be awarded more than one grant under this call for proposals.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Tunisia
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.