Deadline: 3 March 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Johannesburg, South Africa.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Maintain tracking records to support Portfolio Management and Country Strategic Planning (CSP) processes (RBJ Operations 2016-2017 and PMSS Portfolio Management and Operations Support Annual Priorities monthly and RBJ Project Portfolio on a quarterly basis) and prepare weekly updates.
- Provide administrative support to the Project Review Process (PRP); including liaising with HQ to schedule s-PRP and e-PRP meetings and upload documents on the System for Project Approval (SPA).
- Maintain and update the project documentation repository on the shared drive.
- Liaise with HQ as necessary to provide information updates to HQ on the RBJ Programme of Work (PoW) and any other information on request.
- Coordinate the approval process of adjustments to portfolio’s and new country portfolios in the RB and with HQ.
- Attend thematic programme meetings and s-PRP meetings and prepare Notes for the Record (NFR) as necessary.
- Provide support to Country Offices (CO’s) on Country Office Monitoring and Evaluation Tool (COMET) data entry and liaise with the HQ COMET team on technical issues and status of data entry.
- Monitor the progress and quality of Country Office data entry in the COMET implementation module (focusing on project plans, implementation plans, partnerships and distribution data).
- Contribute towards mainstreaming efforts of COMET within the programme unit and the broader Regional Bureau (RB).
- Support the roll-out of the new COMET interface designed for the CSP.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary school education supplemented by technical/university certificates in Public Administration, International Development, Political Science, Finance and Economics.
- Degree in the above mentioned fields or another relevant subject is desirable.
- Work with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, resilience, gender and protection, M&E, market access, social protection, VAM, etc.).
- 6 Years relevant work experience.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is essential.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese, an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.