Deadline: 3 March 2017
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Data Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Data Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with M&E strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- M&E specific technical responsibility for implementation of NRC projects.
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Develop and support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for information management in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
- Support the development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
- Process and analyse routine M&E data captured by NRC and partners staff such as beneficiary registration and verification, baseline/endline surveys, and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) surveys.
- Support ME and CCs staff at area level to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet NRC’s M&E and donors’ requirements.
- Support M&E Team to harmonize and develop feedback and complaints mechanisms tools using appropriate technologies.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in statistics, economics, IT or related fields.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis and information technology.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience of working with MS Access is required.
- Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, Epi Info or R is desirable.
- Good understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation.
- Experience of providing training and capacity building to staff.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.