Deadline: 3 March 2017
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional HR Adviser in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional HR Adviser will perform the following functions-
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on HR.
- Support and monitor compliance with the HR handbooks and NRC policies, and respective quality assurances.
- Provide control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the HR handbook, pre-agreed through travel visits to the country offices.
- Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting.
- Ensure that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the region and beyond.
- Provide capacity development across Country Offices in the region and the Regional Office.
- Performance Management of the regional HR team.
- Responsible for recruitment processes of international staff and senior national staff above the Coordinator level and all staff at the regional office according to NRC’s procedures and standards.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context and focusing mainly on International recruitments using variety of methods.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.