Deadline: 13 March 2017
The Embassy of Finland in Addis Abeba is seeking applications for its Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) to support local civil society organizations and small-scale businesses to complement the bilateral development cooperation of Finland in Ethiopia.
The FLC is expected to contribute towards the four goals of Finland’s development policy.
- The rights and status of women and girls have strengthened;
- Developing countries’ own economies have generated jobs, livelihood opportunities and well-being;
- Societies have become more democratic and better-functioning;
- Food security and access to water and energy have improved, and natural resources are used sustainably.
FLC projects should be implemented through a human rights based approach. The rights of children and the most vulnerable, notably the disabled should be taken to account in all activities. Further all activities should be geared towards climate change mitigation and giving support to climate change adaptation and preparedness.
- Empowerment of women, girls and persons with disabilities
- Open dissemination of information
- Promoting startup schemes engaging in green economy activities
A maximum of 10 projects will be financed for 2017 with an overall annual budget of approximately 300,000 €.
- Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) that have been registered with the Charities and Societies Agency are eligible for applying.
- Also small-scale start-up businesses are eligible to apply for thematic area 3.
- The selection of partnership is based on the project’s alignment with the Finnish development policy, FLC objectives and thematic areas of the FLC strategic plan.
- Projects are funded for the duration of one year.
- Ongoing projects may be considered for further years of funding but they need to re-apply and funding is only guaranteed for the duration of each agreement.
- A partner cannot be funded for more than five years.
- Regarding new partnerships, careful attention is given through track record of the NGOs from other likeminded donors, as well as project appraisal that take into account the witness from government counterparts and the community members.
How to Apply
- The application should include a project concept note including the attached cover page and a brief description of the project that doesn’t exceed 3-4 pages.
- Applications should be signed, stamped and dated.
- A renewed permit from the Charities and Societies Agency and latest annual audit and activity reports of the organization should be attached to the application.
- Applicants can submit their applications at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Ethiopia
For more information, please visit Embassy of Finland in Addis Abeba.