Deadline: 8 March 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Policy & Planning Specialist in Bamako, Mali.
The Policy & Planning Specialist will be responsible for programme planning function and strengthening results based programme planning and performance management of the country programme at national, sectoral and decentralized levels.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Contracts Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the preparation of the Situation Analysis for the relevant programme areas and its periodic updates by monitoring and analysing the social, political, and economic trends in the country, as they affect women and children.
- Assist government authorities in developing adequate information system to collect and analyze data on the situation of women and children;
- Coordinate Strategic reviews of the Country Programme and related products, such as Mid-term review, Strategic Moment of Reflection, and Programme Strategic Notes, ensuring adequate consideration for and inclusion of updated information and cross cutting and gender issues;
- Contribute to UNICEF’s participation in the CCA/UNDAF process, ensuring adequate input on the improvement of the well-being of children and women.
- Provide technical support for decentralization of the development and implementation of plans for the improvement of the situation of children and women.
- Assist government and other partners in strategic and operational planning of programmes. Identifies training needs for the purpose of capacity building and sustainability of programme.
- Undertake field visits to monitor and evaluate programme implementation, as well as conduct periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners.
- Identify problems or alternative courses of action to accelerate/improve programme delivery.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, statistics or other related field.
- 5 years progressively responsible professional work experience at the national level in social development, programme planning and management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in strategic planning for socio-economic development programmes is an asset.
- Technical knowledge and experience in strategic planning in UN or government organizations.
- Knowledge of UN/UNICEF Programme cycle an asset.
- Experience in emergency context is an asset.
- Fluency in French and Knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.