Deadline: 8 March 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management Specialist in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
The Financial Management Specialist will be responsible for all financial management (FM) aspects related to the World Bank’s operations for Burkina Faso and other countries as determined by the Practice Manager.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Carry out implementation support work to ensure that projects financial management systems are functioning appropriately, including the review of periodic interim financial reports.
- Assess the selection and engagement of auditors, ensuring their suitability including their independence, and competence to perform; and ensure that the borrower provides auditors with all the relevant information (including Terms of Reference and Bank requirements) necessary to carry out their engagement.
- Provide advice and support to Borrower and the World Bank Task Teams on matters related to all aspects of financial management.
- Provide financial management guidance for the development of technical assistance programs and evaluate and monitor their implementation.
- Provide guidance and advice to borrowers and Bank staff on capacity building in projects and with public sector accountability institutions.
- Assess the financial and operational viability of implementing entities (e.g. with respect to revenue earning entities), and to advise on the design and use of financial performance covenants.
- Monitor implementation of the Fiduciary and PFM action plans, and provide technical advice to the Government in the implementation of reform actions.
- As requested by the PM, undertake other activities, as appropriate.
Applicants must have-
- Professional accountant (CPA or equivalent) preferably a Masters’ degree in accounting, business, finance or economics, and a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification experience in financial management.
- Experience and in-depth familiarity with public sector financial management would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of International Accounting Standards and International Standards on Auditing.
- Ability to understand public financial management issues and to adapt financial management knowledge acquired in the private sector to the public sector context (essential).
- Experience with internal audit and internal control systems and procedures (including familiarity with COSO), and the ability to assess such systems and recommend remedial action where necessary.
- Good understanding of the review of financial statements including statements linking financial to non-financial information.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and orally, in French and in English and to negotiate substantive and difficult issues with senior government officials (essential).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.