Deadline: 5 March 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Assistant in Kosti, Sudan.
The Logistics Assistant will implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Carry out commodity management and oversight of operations (i.e. storage, quality control) in to meet WFP assistance programme objectives and commitment to all clients and partners served.
- Assess and review on a systematic and periodic basis warehouse space availability to maintain adequate warehousing space is secured to accommodate WFP food and non-food items.
- Provide a technical support to WFP logistics and WFP Implementing Partners.
- Prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal.
- Review and take timely action to renew fumigation lease.
- Respond to ad hoc warehouse management and logistics issues as may be required.
- Responsible for the management of the WFP warehouse, in line with WFP policies.
- Monitor and review operations of WFP managed warehouses to ensure that they are consistent with WFP practices and standards.
- Ensure that accurate and completed accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Carry our regular commodity physical random check/inventory of the warehouse.
- Produce regular stocks reports and daily stocks position.
- Plan and ensure that the quality of the stocks is maintained through regular inspection, sanitary measures, fumigation and other loss mitigation methods.
- Evaluate the packaging, sampling, quality and reconditioning of commodities to confirm that they meet WFP standards. Report and/or take actions to resolve problems.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Logistics experience/commodity management, Writing skills for reporting.
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Nationality of Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.