Deadline: 6 March 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Support Analyst in Accra, Ghana. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Support Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Improve the planning and delivery process by collecting and maintaining project data in consistent manner.
- To implement guidelines, procedures and templates and provide hands-on support to PMO and projects.
- Monitor if all projects comply with strategies for risk, stakeholder engagement, configuration and quality.
- Monitor if all projects comply with their planned governance arrangements and hold regular meetings.
- For projects without dedicated project support team, provide day to day project support to its manager.
- To facilitate or accompany on missions to implementation facilities to report progress, identify issues or deliver training.
- Monitor and track project management learning needs and completion rates for all project staff under the hub.
- Track resource utilisation for project staff pool across the hub for an optimum performance.
- Support project managers with project budget preparation, revisions and financial reporting.
- To support delivery forecasts preparation, variance monitoring and subsequent follow up for exceptional cases.
- Monitor expenditure forecasts are in line with procurement plan and ongoing contracts.
- Monitor if financial reporting to clients if its accurate and timely.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Development studies or related field.
- Relevant Diploma with 4 years of relevant working experience may also be considered.
- Relevant Secondary School certification with 6 years of relevant working experience may as well be considered.
- 2 years of progressively responsible experience of supporting portfolio/programme or projects.
- Prior experience within the development sector a key advantage.
- Well conversed in data analysis, management reporting and project management tools and information management systems.
- Certifications in Prince2 Foundation and/or PMP are considered an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.