Deadline: 7 March 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management in Bangui, Central African Republic. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Project Management will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the project(s) and provides services to the donors, partners and beneficiaries.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Management will perform the following functions-
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers.
- Authorize Work Packages.
- Manage and review product quality and ensure products are accepted.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers.
- Identify and report potential business opportunities for UNOPS to supervisor.
- Identify and report threats to UNOPS internal business case to supervisor.
- Ensure that behavioural expectations of team members are established.
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted.
- Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention of the HoO.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Engineering, Project Management or other relevant discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Engineering, Project Management or other relevant discipline in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- Secondary education in combination with relevant academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification – Desirable.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in programme/project management is required.
- Solid experience managing large programmes at a strategic level with financial oversight is desirable.
- Solid experience of managing, or having a worked in a senior position with a large multi-donor fund is desirable.
- Solid practical experience in working with the UN, donors, Non-governmental organizations, public sector and/or civil society is required.
- Solid experience of working in rural development and on cross cutting agendas is desirable.
- Working experience and knowledge and in Central Africa will be a strong asset.
- Previous experience in Africa will also be an asset.
- Experience and understanding of working in fragile states is an asset.
- Experience of sector wide approaches in post conflict contexts and rural development sector will be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in French is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.