Deadline: 21 March 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Health in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Chief Health will serve as the senior team lead for Early Child Development (ECD) in UNICEF Tanzania, bringing together different sectors to plan, implement and monitor programmes for shared results on ECD with special focus on establishing synergies internally and with development partners
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Health will perform the following functions-
- Establish the Section’s annual work plan with the Health team; set priorities/targets and performance measurement.
- Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
- Establish clear individual performance objectives, goals and timelines; and provide timely guidance to enable the team to perform their duties responsibly and efficiently.
- Plan and ensure timely performance management and assessment of the team.
- Supervise team members by providing them with clear objectives and goals, direction and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Lead, coordinate and supervise the development of health programs (as a component of the CO and/or UNDAF programs) and establish plans of action, program goals and results using results-based planning methodology and terminology (RBM).
- Monitor programs/projects to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Submit program/project reports to donors and other partners to keep them informed on program progress and critical issues.
- Promote critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practices for sustainable health programs/projects initiatives.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark and implement best and cutting edge practices in the health management and information systems.
- Institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s or higher in public health, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related sciences is required.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in public health planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness, at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in health program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.