Deadline: 14 March 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Programme Specialist will provide oversight, quality assurance and technical support to the office’s civil society organization partnership portfolio, as well as implementation of the Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT) framework.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Oversee HACT rollout process leading the development of country and zonal level quality assurance plans and HACT processes.
- Lead country office capacity development planning for staff and IPs on overall HACT compliance.
- Oversee the PCA process, develop and improve guidelines, procedures, formats and templates, to ensure streamlining.
- Review PCA submissions from all programme sections for compliance with UNICEF programme priorities as outlined in workplans, RAM, operational requirements and quality assurance of project document with particular attention to assurance requirements and risk mitigation.
- Support CO decision making processes with robust strategic/contextual risk analysis relating to operations and programme risk, including reputation, fiduciary, misappropriation of assistance, partner management, programme management and fraud.
- Support management of third party monitoring contracts and corresponding annual workplans with external service providers to facilitate programme assurance activities and investigations, as required.
- Oversee maintenance of Risk Management database of Somalia Country Office and submission of high risk partners for review by office Risk Committee.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in accounting, business administration, economics, or developmental studies.
- 8 years of relevant professional work experience in monitoring and evaluation, finance, risk management and/or programme management.
- Background/familiarity with emergency situations.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.