Deadline: 31 May 2017
The UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) is currently implementing a programme of support to social protection (Social Protection Support, SPS) in Mozambique, which has recently been extended through a Business Case Amendment from September 2016 – March 2020.
Within this extension period a Technical Assistance and Innovation Facility (TAIF) will be established to provide assistance, build capacity and drive forward innovations in social protection systems for the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Action (MGCAS) and the National Institute for Social Action (INAS).
The TAIF is part of a wider programme of DFID support to social protection. This wider programme aims to deliver “A more comprehensive and sustainable basic social security system”.
- UN Joint Programme, proposed Outputs:
- Core social protection systems, policy frameworks and processes updated and strengthened and
- Improved measurement and visibility of social protection results and impact.
- Climate Sensitive Public Works Programme, proposed outputs:
- Improved GoM capacity to deliver climate sensitive public works through the PASP programme;
- Evidence based, costed expansion strategy developed for priority social protection programmes;
- Enhanced programme coordination capacity of INAS and MGCAS and
- Formative evaluation of Early Childhood Grant Project to inform scale up.
- Vulnerability Response Fund, proposed outputs:
- Early Childhood Grant Project implemented and
- New payments mechanisms tested and evaluated.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply using DFID supplier portal.
Eligible Countries: UK & Mozambique
For more information, please visit DFID Mozambique.