Deadline: 15 March 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Cairo, Egypt.
The Procurement Assistant will perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations.
- Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases, tracking sheets and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible support or secretarial work experience including at least 2 years in the field of procurement or closely related fields or at least 1 year at the G4 level.
- Fluency in English language.
- Fluency or intermediate knowledge of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
- Nationality of Egypt.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.