Deadline: 15 March 2017
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communications Officer in Tanzania. The duration of this post is 1 to 2 years.
The Senior Communications Officer will be responsible for managing, developing products and tools facilitating channels of communication that promote information sharing and learning.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support development and roll-out of the internal and external communications framework, clearly identifying the messages, stakeholders, and channels of communications with a clear work-plan and budget to guide implementation.
- Promote positive visibility within media channels, protect the image and reputation of the organization and build and maintain relationships with the media.
- Provide support to visits of international media and other groups to WVT project sites.
- Support generation of content for internal and external publications including: staff newsletter; annual report production, fact-sheets, capacity statements, calendars, diaries, Intranet, WVCentral platforms and Connections.
- Reinforce strong brand presence and ensure application and consistency of WVI communications brand policy across all internal and external products and materials.
- Develop resources as part of documentation (i.e. impact stories, videos and photos) to share on Support Office platforms, WVT intranet and website and for all staff usage.
- Build capacity of WVT non-communicators in: story-telling, video capturing, photo-taking; and provide support to roll-out Sponsorship 2.0 and Community Introductory Videos for an enhanced donor experience.
- Create content, update and maintain the WVT organizational website as a marketing platform for donor audiences.
- Develop and maintain a photo database with an effective storage system.
Applicants must have-
- BA in journalism or communications/public relations from an Accredited University/college.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience part of which in an international context.
- Working experience an NGO, journalism or communications/public relations.
- Fluency in English.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.