Deadline: 30 June 2017
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Chad has currently announced the annual competition for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
This is the largest Fulbright program with Africa, primarily designed to strengthen African universities through higher degree training. Qualified candidates from other educational, cultural and professional institutions may also apply. Recent graduates, especially women, are encouraged to apply. Although candidates for PhD programs may apply, priority will be given to candidates for Master’s programs.
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of Chad, or permanent residents qualified to hold a valid Chadian passport.
- Applicants must have at least the equivalent of four (4) years of university study and the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants should have a sufficient level of English proficiency to enable them to realistically accomplish full-time graduate level study in the U.S.
- TOEFL is required of all applicants. A score of 575 (paper-based test) or 90 (computer-based test) is desirable. However 600/100 is preferable. GRE is required for applicants seeking admission in all fields except law and business. Applicants must score above the 50th percentile in either section. A minimum 550 GMAT score is required for Master candidates and a minimum score of 600 is required for Ph.D.
- Applicants should have a high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program and to return home.
- Applicants with no extensive or recent U.S. experience will be given preference.
- No applicant shall receive more than one Fulbright Student grant, including Humphrey Scholar alumni. This does not apply to the Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program alumni.
- Local employees of the U.S. missions abroad employed by the State of Department are ineligible for grants during the period of their employment and for one year following termination of employment.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants must complete their applications online via given website.
Eligible Country: Chad
For more information, please visit Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2018.