Deadline: 15 February 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Projects Manager in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Procurement Projects Manager will prepare and follow up on implementation plans, and oversees the status of various procurement and supply-chain activities.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Projects Manager will perform the following functions-
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholder.
- Ensure success of the project(s) based on the success criteria of UNOPS engagements, which are linked to the below responsibilities.
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Maintain the following: i. Electronic Blue File; ii. Procurement, HR and Finance files as required by those practices as per OD12.
- Ensure that all expenditure comply with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR).
- Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Understand and manage UNOPS overheads, allocable charges, and related corporate charges as they apply to the project.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Development Studies, Supply-Chain Management or other relevant discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree / first level with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline, may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in project management required, with focus on project implementation, partner management, monitoring and reporting.
- At least 5 years of progressive procurement experience required, involving purchasing of high-value goods & services for complex projects.
- Experience with managing teams and units, particularly in the area of project and/or procurement management, highly desirable.
- PRINCE2® Foundation certification would be an asset, but required completion within first 6 months of on-boarding.
- PRINCE2® Practitioner certification would be an asset, but required completion within first 6 months of on-boarding.
- CIPS 4 and above and/or other procurement certification highly desirable.
- Complete the UNOPS Project Management Foundation course, and UNOPS Procurement Operations Training (within one year after signing this TOR).
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.