Deadline: 14 February 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Analyst in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Human Resources Analyst will be responsible for transparent implementation of HR strategies in COs, effective delivery of HR services and management of the CO HR Unit.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control, proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
- Continuous analysis of corporate HR strategies and policies, assessing the impact of changes and making recommendations on their implementation in the CO. Continuous research of the matters related to conditions of service, salaries, allowances and other policy matters.
- Management of International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to the HR Unit.
- Management of recruitment processes including job descriptions, job classification, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, chairing interview panels, making recommendations on recruitment.
- Elaboration and implementation of the protocol for performance appraisal process, facilitation of the process, elaboration of performance evaluation indicators in consultation with the Senior Management.
- Support to effective learning management including establishment of the Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in collaboration with the Senior Management and Learning Manager.
- Organization and coordination of comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys in coordination with the Operations Manager.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- HR Certification programme.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing HR advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and in the national language of the duty station.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.