Deadline: 25 February 2017
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Safety Coordinator in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Country Safety Coordinator will manage all aspects of the DRC/DDG Safety Risk Management (SRM) system in all of Somalia, to include Somaliland and Puntland for both DRC and DDG programmes.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Safety Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Perform area-specific SRAs and conduct Safety Level assessments.
- Advise Programme and Area Managers on available safety management strategies, including the transfer, avoidance, acceptance and/or control of risks.
- In cooperation with Local Safety Officers and Security Focal Points, develop and supervise the implementation of area-specific safety plans, including Local Safety Rules (LSR); Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); Contingency Plans (CPs); mitigation action plans; and Minimum Operating Safety Standards (MOSS).
- In cooperation with Local Safety Officers and Security Focal Points ,develop, update and supervise the implementation of safety improvement action plans for DRC/DDG programmes in Somalia as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate the SRM process in Somalia, providing regular updates on the quality and progress of SRM implementation.
- Provision of regular analysis, statistics and reporting on key developments within the country.
- Tailored analysis and assessments, including SRAs, on specific areas, themes, issues or scenarios.
- Monitor negotiations and developments related to access and humanitarian space.
- Establish and maintain a list of contacts throughout the region.
- Maintain and update the incident tracking database for South Central Somalia, Somaliland, and Puntland, and provide trend/pattern analysis.
Applicants must have-
- At least 2 to 5 years of Security management experience with INGOs in fragile countries similar to Somalia.
- At least 2 years of operational experience on international deployments.
- Security management experience with a proven ability to develop and implement effective and contextualized protocols and systems.
- Detailed knowledge of radio and other telecommunications systems.
- Experience with critical incident management.
- Experience with delivering security-related training.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Stable and robust character, team-player with a good sense of humor.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.