Deadline: 20 February 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement and Supply Management in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Procurement and Supply Management will provide the Ministries of Health in Somalia/Somaliland with assistance in strengthening their Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Systems, as part of overall health systems strengthening.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement and Supply Management will perform the following functions-
- Providing on-the job mentoring and training to the MOH PSM unit personnel (spending at least 50% time in Somalia).
- Following up on Logistics Management Information Systems (LMIS) and Forecasting & Quantification (F&Q) consultancy outcomes.
- Ensuring implementation of tools (excel sheets and software e.g. Quantimed and PIPELINE– this will require populating with relevant information and regularly updating with consumption data).
- Assisting MOH with F&Q excels/Quantimed as well as PIPELINE software for supply planning in different forecasting and supply plan review exercises.
- Ensuring SOPs developed are reviewed and endorsed by the MOH, and implemented.
- Working on the forecasting and quantification and PSM components for new funding concept notes/funding requests for HIV and Malaria (the new three year proposal to be submitted in 2017).
- Working with WHO and UNFPA and other implementing partners on rolling out LMIS tools and SOPs and other areas, as required.
- Developing and conducting training for program partners and counterparts at the MOH in PSM, with particular focus on supply utilization and forecasting, distribution and inventory management of HIV/AIDS and Malaria drugs and related equipment in order to maximize supply delivery.
- Working with newly established MRAs in Somalia and Somaliland.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in Procurement and Supply Management or similar degree.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in PSM.
- Certified in PSM tools and computerized systems.
- Past Experience in facilitating assessments, design and trainings in PSM.
- Previous similar experience in Somalia/Somaliland or similar context an asset.
- Very good command of English language as well as excellent facilitation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UN system and capacity to promote consensus and establish positive working relationship.
- Experience in liaising with public officials and capable of responding rapidly to ad hoc requests for meetings under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work in difficult circumstances and travel to Somalia/Somaliland.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.