Deadline: 8 March 2017
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Private Sector Specialist in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Private Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Working with teams of technical specialists, take overall responsibility for the implementation of the ICAS II reform program and achievement of the program objectives. This would include leading discussions with clients and partners (including academic partners and the private sector), providing technical input and ensuring adequate coordination and appropriate integration of each of the program’s components to ensure that implementation of the program stays on track and is delivered with high quality.
- Taking lead responsibility for the management of the relationship with the country clients, development partners and other program stakeholders, including other internal WBG units.
- Leading coordination of all ICAS missions in the country, taking into consideration client relations (e.g. optimizing synergies) and ensuring integration, as appropriate with the broader T&C team.
- Taking responsibility for all internal program reporting needs, including reporting on activities, outputs, outcomes and impact achieved by the program overall and its components.
- Coordinate and prepare, as requested, necessary donor and internal reporting (i.e., semi-annual reports).
- Ensuring that all necessary program documentation, request letters, implementation updates etc., are appropriately filed in internal records management systems, as per current policy and instructions.
- Report administratively to the Project TTL, and operationally on the ground to the Lead Private Sector Specialist in the Dar office.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree (PhD preferred) in law, finance, international development or related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in business, government, law or related profession; ideally in international development and economic reform, with a focus on private sector development.
- Knowledge of private sector development in Tanzania, including but not limited to, opportunities, challenges, stakeholders and the political economy impacting the sector, with proven experience in engaging with at least some of these.
- Ability to interface effectively with stakeholders at all levels, draft effective reports and communicate in public.
- Ability to operate with minimum support.
- Strong neutral figure vis-à-vis government and the private sector.
- Proven ability to strategize and adapt work programs based on changing and evolving priorities.
- PC literate and comfortable using IT in all aspects of work, including experience using MS Office applications.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Swahili highly desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.