Deadline: 12 March 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Harare, Zimbabwe.
The Finance Assistant will support effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
- Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
Applicants must have-
- At least 5 years of progessively responsible work experience, including at least 3 years in Finance and Accounting Field.
- Experience collecting and monitoring financial data on projects and programmes, assessing financial health and status, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.