Deadline: 14 March 2017
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Assistant in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Financial Assistant will work in close collaboration with the operations, programme staff in the Country Office (CO) and Liaison Office as well as UN Women Regional Office (ESARO) and UN Women HQ staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Financial Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the CO business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Process Advance request from Implementing partners.
- Guide partners in reprogramming requests and budget revisions as appropriate.
- Conduct training and field monitoring visits for IPs working closely with Program managers.
- Follow up and liquidation of outstanding and aged advances.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Presentation of information on the status of financial resources as required.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables and follow up on deposits made through UNDP.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance records and documents.
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Finance.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- B.A./B.Sc. Degree in Finance, Business Administration and any other related fields.
- Part-qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- 2 years of relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft, desirable.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.