Deadline: 27 March 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management Specialist in N’Djamena, Chad.
The Financial Management Specialist will be responsible for all financial management (FM) aspects related to the World Bank’s operations for the CHAD and other countries as determined by the Practice Manager.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Carry out implementation support work to ensure that projects financial management systems are functioning appropriately, including the review of periodic interim financial reports.
- Assess the selection and engagement of auditors, ensuring their suitability including their independence, and competence to perform; and ensure that the borrower provides auditors with all the relevant information (including Terms of Reference and Bank requirements) necessary to carry out their engagement.
- Review audited financial statements received, monitor the Borrower’s compliance with financial covenants including audit compliance, ensure adequate communication with the Borrower and the project implementing agencies with respect to audits and provide advice to Bank teams, management and borrower as appropriate.
- Monitor and review project interim reports, audit reports, and other FM related communication and exchange between the Bank and the borrower, and maintain and update the information systems regularly.
- Produce reports on portfolio FM status on a regular basis and as needed; and communicate with the task teams and management team as appropriate.
- Provide advice and support to Borrower and the World Bank Task Teams on matters related to all aspects of financial management.
- Provide financial management guidance for the development of technical assistance programs and evaluate and monitor their implementation.
- Provide guidance and advice to borrowers and Bank staff on capacity building in projects and with public sector accountability institutions.
- As requested by the PM, undertake other activities, as appropriate.
Applicants must have-
- Masters’ degree in accounting, business, finance or economics, and a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification experience in financial management.
- Experience and in-depth familiarity with public sector financial management would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of International Accounting Standards and International Standards on Auditing.
- Ability to understand public financial management issues and to adapt financial management knowledge acquired in the private sector to the public sector context (essential).
- Experience with internal audit and internal control systems and procedures (including familiarity with COSO), and the ability to assess such systems and recommend remedial action where necessary.
- Good understanding of the review of financial statements including statements linking financial to non-financial information.
- Experience in auditing, including assessing audit competence, and to the ability to analyze the impact of qualified audit reports and matters arising from management letters.
- Fluency in English and French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.